PetAg PetLac Puppy Milk Replacement Powder is a nutritious, fortified food source for newborn to six week-old dogs, or for older dogs who need additional nutrition. It contains FOS and live, naturally occurring microorganisms and is an excellent source of vitamins, minerals, and amino acids to aid healthy growth and development.
- Contains FOS and live, naturally occurring microorganisms
- A food source for orphaned, rejected, nursing, or weaning puppies
- Source of vitamins, minerals and amino acids for growth and development
- Supplies extra nutrition for thin or older dogs
Made in the USA.
Directions for Mixing: Mix one tablespoon powder with two tablespoons warm water to make approximately 2-1/3 tablespoons (7 teaspoons/35mL) of liquid. This amount will feed a 4 oz. puppy for approximately 1 day.
Directions for Feeding: If possible all puppies should receive colostrum by nursing on their mother for the first several days. Weighing puppies at the beginning and every 3 days will help to determine the amount that should be fed. Bottle fed puppies should be fed 1 teaspoon (5mL) per 4 ounces (115g) of body weight every 3-4 hours. Feeding amounts and frequency vary according to individual needs. Smaller and weaker puppies may need increased feeding frequency. As puppies become older the feeding frequency may be decreased and the amount per feeding increased. At 4 to 6 weeks you may begin offering reconstituted PetLac in a shallow bowl for the puppies to lap. Do not discontinue bottle feeding until the puppies are eating well on their own.
- Weaned puppies: Feed 1 teaspoon (2g) of PetLac Puppy powder per 5 lbs. (2.2kg) of body weight daily mixed in regular food.
- Pregnant and lactating females: Feed 2 teaspoons (4g) PetLac powder per 5 lbs. (2.2kg) body weight daily. Consult your veterinarian for additional advice.
Note: Follow recommended feeding amounts in directions shown to avoid digestive upset caused by overfeeding.
Storage: Unopened powder should be kept in a cool, dry place. Reconstituted liquid must be kept refrigerated for up to 24 hours. Opened powder can be refrigerated for up to 3 months, or can be frozen for up to 6 months to preserve freshness.
Crude Protein (min) - 29.0%
Crude Fat (min) - 28.0%
Crude Fiber (max) - 0.5%
Moisture (max) - 5.0%
Calorie Content - 858 kcal/kg (13 kcal/tsp as liquid)